Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Very Good Week (weight-wise)

This week was rather stressful at work. I run a small business for a woman who is very active, both in the business and outside of it. I'm not sure what has been going on lately but in the last 2 weeks she has become increasingly difficult. Needless to say, I have been looking forward to any time I spend that's NOT at work. I've gone to the gym a little more, although still not as often as I should. I could give a number of excuses, but really, they are just excuses. I won't explain how drivers in Los Angeles freeze up like nervous hostages at the first sign of rain. I won't explain how the look on my dogs' faces when I come home from work make it hard for me to walk out the door again. I will say that I've been varying my cardio a little bit when I am at the gym, and I can feel the difference. I found a stationary bike that makes me sweat like a pig in heat, and my calves have tightened from the treadmill. In fact, I think I need to take a stretching class. I guess that would be called yoga. I used to be pretty flexible, but that has slowly changed and now I feel like a 60 year old with osteoporosis. In fact, one of the benefits of me losing weight is to alleviate some of the lower back pain I've been having as a result of being fat. It's something that I've been quiet about, although not for any particular reason. Maybe it would make me feel officially fat? That might be it.

I ate pretty well this week. Several salads, low carb meals at home, and last night I made a pork tenderloin for Valentine's dinner. That doesn't mean I celebrated Valentine's day. In fact, there was no celebration going on in my household, except by my dogs celebrating the meal I cooked by trying to get their chops on it. This week should include lots of gym time too. I hope to get to the point where I just go to the gym every day. That's what I need in order to reach my goal.


Week 6
Weight: 247.2
Pounds lost: 4.8
Size: 18-20
Goal: 150
Pounds to lose: 97.2

No comments:

Post a Comment