Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

Oh boy, today is an eater's holiday. It's superbowl Sunday. The last few days I have been consciously monitoring my eating, and last night I went to work on my homework at a friend's house. Well it turned out to be one big homework party and our hostess made pasta and homemade meatballs with gorgonzola cheese. I was so afraid of what that would do to my weigh-in today, especially knowing that being Superbowl Sunday, I was already planning to eat and spend the rest of the week burning off the damage.

But it looks like my monitoring efforts helped a little. My loss this week is not huge, but it's still a loss and that's fine by me! And I'm finding that there's so much I want to write about. Do you know what kind of a circus show is at my gym? Let me start by saying that it's a very posh gym, and that my boss at work paid for our membership so that we can network the company to the ritzy gym members while we are there. So kudos to my boss. Now, this gym has everything. Towel service, built in combination locks in the lockers, women's only steam room and sauna, and all the shower and bath amenities. Plus all the cardio equipment has built in TVs so I would actually work out a full hour just to finish what I'm watching. It's especially great during football season.

So, the other day I'm at the gym. Now, there's this one woman that I see all the time. She's at least in her 60s, and it's clear she has a body image problem. She is smaller than Mary-Kate Olsen. You can see every bone protruding out of her body. It's frightening when you consider how long she's had this problem. I mean, if she developed this in her teens , she's been dealing with it for at least 50 years. It's really sad to see. But more recently, I've discovered this other woman..... she's probably in her 50s at best. And she wears the thong leotard with the blush pink stockings. Her ass cheeks are just hanging out shamelessly. It's like no one told her that the Jane Fonda workout video was 20 years ago. And the fact that the stockings are blush colored, well they might as well not even be on. I know that women in LA flaunt their wears, but seriously, 50 year old ass? On parade for all to see? WTF? I'm beginning to see that in addition to exercise, the gym can be a great source of entertainment. I can't wait to see what this week introduces me to, as I have to go at least 4 times to burn off all the carb loaded, calorie loaded snacks consumed today. I bought a football helmet cake for the Pittsburg Steelers today, and they won the Superbowl! Woo hoo!



Week 4
Weight: 249.6
Pounds lost: 0.6
Size: 18-20
Goal: 150
Pounds to lose: 99.6

No comments:

Post a Comment