Sunday, April 12, 2009

Experimenting with Food

I have this friend of mine, who used to be a client. She doesn't live in LA, so when she comes out here to visit or work, she stays with me and will usually pay me a little money for her trip. She was out here this past week, and while I certainly appreciate the money, it was hectic with her here. Mostly, she was waiting on a paycheck, and she was broke until she received it. And she decided not to eat anything, because she had no money, although she did have some things taking up space in my pantry. She would continuously ask to eat things that I've put a lot of though into buying, so that I would be eating healthy. And usually, the healthier you try to eat, the more expensive the food is. I suggested that she cook her spaghetti noodles that she purchased last year, but she decided not to eat at all because she had nothing to put on her noodles (sauce, cheese, etc.). I don't really understand this concept, because if I hadn't eaten for 2 days, I'd take plain noodles over starving. Fortunately though, I did not have to be faced with starving.

I had a healthy week. Probably could have used a few more vegetables, but overall I was creative and balanced. I had this package of fillet mignon steaks in the freezer. Small portions, probably about 6-8 ounces each. Normally I would cook both, but I only cooked one. I sliced it thin and cooked it in a white wine sauce mixed with Worcestershire sauce, and served it with sweet corn and biscuits. I only ate 1 biscuit, and a small portion of corn, and I sprinkled lite feta cheese on top of the steak. It came out really nice and flavorful. My dogs were very enthusiastic and gave me a non-opposable thumbs up for the aroma. I gave the other biscuits to my house guest, since she was starving, even though I'd have preferred her to eat her own food. But I figured it was a good way to prevent myself from going back and eating more biscuits. I'm going to experiment a little more each week and see what I come up with.

I also picked back up with reading Bethenny's book. I'm past the halfway mark, and I've completed reading about her 10 rules to thinking and eating like a thin person, and now I'm on the 2nd half, about how to implement the rules into daily life. She has some sample menus about how to balance everything on a daily basis. It's still really good and really helpful!

Today is Easter Sunday, and I made breakfast for Joe's daughter. I made pancakes, scrambled eggs, and I toasted the left over turkey cheddar chipotle panini that she didn't finish for dinner last night. She must've been really hungry because she ate it all. I ate my small test pancake and a left over half of the same turkey cheddar chipotle panini, with a glass of water instead of juice or milk. I also gave the dogs a pancake that I accidentally left on the griddle a little too long. Uma didn't know the difference - I guess when you are a dog, people food is a treat no matter what!


Week 14
Weight: 244.8
Pounds lost: 1.8
Size: 18
Goal: 150
Pounds to lose: 94.8

No comments:

Post a Comment