Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprises

I wasn't initially going to write a blog today, since my last blog was only a few days ago, but this morning I happened to step on the scale and I had lost 2 more pounds, which technically means I lost those 2 pounds in less than a week since my last weight check/blog was on Wednesday! So I felt good and decided I might as well chronical it in the blog. Woo hoo! Go me!

It's funny, I didn't think the last few days would result in a loss. I'm kind of ashamed to say that, but the truth is, since my last blog, I started off well but didn't end the way I thought I would. I was really good with balance and choosing healthy items to eat, but over the weekend I kind of wasn't so careful. It wasn't necessarily that I ate anything bad. It was more like I stopped paying attention. Some things I ate were good (an eggs & bacon breakfast, small amount of granola as a snack, salad, small portion of steak with small portion of pasta) and some of the things I ate were bad (pepperoni pizza, candy). I was really craving chocolate, especially the last 2 days. I ended up with a small cafe mocha, a brownie, and Whoppers over the 2 days. I'm not really sure where the craving came from, cause I'm not due for my period or anything. But I indulged my craving nonetheless and thought my week was ruined. So I'm really happy that I still lost 2 pounds.

What I got from all that is that CHOICE is a powerful thing. Even though I have helpful tools at my disposal, I have to choose to use them. That's why they are there. To help me. To remind me. To support me. It is a valuable lesson. I don't feel bad for the choices I made this week, but to be honest, if the scale had gone the other direction, I probably would be beating myself up right now instead of being okay with it. And I don't want to be beating myself up. It's not healthy, and the whole point of all of this is to be healthy (not just to lose weight). Health encompasses everything.

I still have my foster dog, Britta. She tested positive for tick disease, which I have been treating. She requires 2 shots 2 weeks apart, and the shots make her vomit. But after her shots, she will be free of the disease, so it's worth it. I just feel bad that it makes her sick. Next week I will be taking her to get spayed. She will throw up a little after that too, from the anesthesia. Poor girl. I hope she gets adopted soon, because I am really in love with her. I might fail fostering this time around.

This week I am going to make an attempt to go to the gym every single day. I've been looking for a new job, and I've sent in a few applications/resumes, but only for jobs that I'd really want. I figure, if I am going to give up my unemployment benefits, it should be for a job I really want. So with all this free time, I am going to challenge myself to take advantage of it. I don't think I have ever gone for a solid week. So I'm gonna give it a try. Should make next week's loss even greater than this week's!

I'm going to start listing the total weight I've lost since starting this blog at the end with my other statistics. I think it will be good to see the total progression of weight loss, not just the weekly progression. So, on that note....


Week: 16
Weight: 242.0
Weekly pounds lost: 2.0
Total pounds lost: 15.0
Size: 18
Goal: 150
Pounds to go: 92

No comments:

Post a Comment