Sunday, March 29, 2009

Losses and Gaines

I missed out on writing last week. I started a blog, and then I didn't finish it, and now it's outdated. So I will start at the beginning and catch up.

I got a new foster dog. She's a beautiful dog, but she is really shy, and I want to help make her feel secure. Her name is Britta, and she looks a little like a deer.


I thought I would be making some adjustments to my schedule in order to accomodate having her in my home, but as it turned out, that wasn't exactly what happened. I did make changes to my schedule, but not because of the dog. I actually got laid off my job last Thursday. The company I worked for could no longer afford my salary. The funny part is, I couldn't be happier! I was really not enjoying the job toward the end, and now, I have a little freedom and I can pursue things I'm more interested in. And I get to spend more time with my doggies. And, I will also get to work out during the day instead of at night.

I'm interested to see the people that work out at my gym during the day. I've never been during the daytime, unless it was a weekend. I'm sure it will be a little different. I need to spend more time on my workouts. I've been averaging 45 minutes, sometimes an hour. And I spend it almost all on cardio. Last week I was so excited because I weighed in at 243.3, but then I gained a little of it back this week and I broke even at 246.6. So no change overall. I haven't read much of Bethenny's book in the last 2 weeks. I need to continue, because it was really helpful. And it wasn't so much that I gained because I stopped reading. I think it was more along the lines of I gained because I got laid off, and wasn't sure how to feel about it. I wanted to be depressed, and normally with depression comes food. But I wasn't as depressed over losing my job as I thought I would be, so my reflexes didn't know exactly how to act. In the end, I'm okay. I had one binge evening involving a pepperoni pizza, but went right back to eating smaller, healthier portions. Well, maybe not all were super healthy, but they weren't horrible. I made a lasagna, which isn't on my list of healthy choices, but I only had small portions at a time.

I've also been looking for different things at the grocery store. Last night I bought a spinach and artichoke quiche. It was made with egg whites. I baked it for about 30 minutes and it came out real nice. I need to go onto FoodNetwork.com and look for some new recipes. If I come across any good ones, I will post them on here.

Week 13 Weight: 246.6 Pounds lost: 0 Size: 18 Goal: 150 Pounds to lose: 96.6

No comments:

Post a Comment