Monday, December 14, 2009

Upcoming Holidays

I've been working a lot over the last few weeks. Last week I worked 7 days in a row. My mom will be coming out to visit at the end of this week, and while she is here, we will be spending 2 days in Big Bear. I want to work on my snowboarding, and I've only tried it twice. Last time I went, I ended up not fitting into my snowboarding gear from the first time I went, and I had to buy new clothes from the men's section at a snowboarding shop. It was so expensive, because it was local and last minute. I was really depressed. Since I don't want a repeat of that experience, I decided last week to eat mainly salads until the trip. I've been eating some other foods here and there, but mostly staying away from the carbs. It's been raining a lot, so I've occassionally been making chili at home. It's canned, from the grocery store, and it's quick and easy and filling. At Bloomingdales, I can get a chicken salad for just over $7 with my employee discount. It's decent. Nothing special, as far as salads go, but it's better for me than a Bloomies burger. Tonight I splurged a little and ordered carne asada from El Torito Grill, which isn't bad itself necessarily but comes with little scoops of corn cakes. I figured, one night a week shouldn't hurt me if I've been sticking to my plan all week. I haven't gotten much exercise in, except for the hours of walking around the store returning clothes to different departments. I know in some ways that counts, but it's not targeting different areas of my body. AND MY FEET HURT! I told Joe he could buy me a foot spa for Christmas. It would be nice to have a foot spa. You can find them at almost any drug store, so it shouldn't be a difficult gift.

If my salads pay off, I will try to continue with a low carb diet and have 1 day a week to splurge. I should know more by next week, right before I go to Big Bear. Since I missed a blog last week, I had gained a little before implementing the salads plan, and now i'm back to where I started during my last blog.

Another friend from high school found me on Facebook tonight. Even though he wasn't an old boyfriend, I'm still motivated. It's hard, because at the store I see all these cute clothes that I can picture myself in when I am thinner. I'm just not sure how realistic it all is.


Week: 49
Weight: 235.2
Pounds gained: 0.2
Total pounds lost: 21.8
Size: 16
Goal: 150
Pounds to go: 85.2

No comments:

Post a Comment