Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Dream Job

I've been working out like crazy! Not everyday, I missed 2 days this week, but I have gone in and done some kind of workout on all the other days. It feels good to be active again. I'm going again today, after I write this blog and check on my friend's cat.

I've noticed as I cook more, I haven't been able to go potty as easily. I need to take some kind of fiber suppliments, I think. Or maybe I need to make sure that one of my meals each days is a salad... something I actually haven't had in a while, although I've been eating other vegetables... hmm....

Yesterday I accepted, then declined an invitation to lunch with a friend. I would have ended up ordering a salad anyway, but I declined it so that I could stay and work out longer, and also not spend money on a fancy restaurant. It felt really good to be able to say no, and not be tempted. As I've been losing weight, I've started to recognize more how important food is to some of my friends. So many decisions get based around food. I start to get a little self-conscious about how I've been like that in the past, and probably still am to a degree. When I travel home, I think about all the restaurants that I want to go visit while I'm there. On the rare occassions that I bring someone home with me, the trip becomes about me taking them places to eat. It would be weird for me to bring someone home for whom food is not a big deal, because then they'd think I was obsessed, and they'd be right....

My mom invited me to go on a trip in September with her to Washington D.C. We will be there 5 days. I really want this to be the first trip where I don't think about the food. She said that breakfast comes with our hotel everyday, so I'm going to try to keep it to a minimum and only healthy things. I also need to check the hotel's website and see if they have a gym, and bring some workout clothes if they do.

I went and saw the movie Julie and Julia. It's the epitome of NOT losing weight. But it is about people who love food, so I guess I could relate. I'm sure if I wasn't trying to lose weight, I'd be trying out some of the easier recipes. But they are all French recipes, and I don't even think my kitchen could accomodate them. So I'm not even tempted to try. But the one thing that I did get interested in about the movie is that the girl writing her blog about cooking Julia's recipes did not do anything to promote her blog, but she just naturally got followers. How does that happen? I'm not sure. But I would like more followers... Maybe my blog just isn't that interesting? If I had the funding, I'd want to do a blog about traveling for weight loss. I'd travel to places where I'd only be doing activities condusive to weight loss, and per my abilities. I wouldn't have rock climbing be the first challenge. Maybe more like nature hikes, and canoeing down a river. As I build up more energy, I'd gradually get into the more strenuous challenges, like rock climbing, or cross country skiing. Is cross country skiing strenuous? I'm not sure. I'd love to master snow boarding. I'd like to be a Samantha Brown of weight loss (that's a Travel Channel reference, fyi). I wonder if they'd be interested in a show like that? Then, at the end of 1 year, or 1 season, see how much weight I've lost. Obviously, I'd have to travel to places that offer physical attractions, even if it's just walking everywhere, or a place where bicycles get you around. I still want to focus on attractions of the destination, but somehow make them into a physical activity. I think that would be the most fun way to lose weight.


Week 32
Weight: 234.4
Weekly pounds lost: 0.4
Total pounds lost: 22.6
Size: loose 18/tight 16
Goal: 150
Pounds to go: 84.4

No comments:

Post a Comment