Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sick Again?!

Well, you might have noticed that after my promise to post my daily carb intake for 1 week, I failed to post beyond Day 1. Unfortunately, I got sick again... Last weekend Joe's daughter came over with a sore throat and cough, and I think that's where I got it. So I've been eating light, having some ramen noodles, saltines, and making some healthy meals at home. Needless to say ramen noodles and crackers are more carbs than I'd normally choose to have, but I haven't been eating much of them as I haven't had much of an appetite. Of course that also means I haven't been working out. My last day at the gym was Saturday, and I hope to be well enough to go back by this weekend. The good news is that my lack of appetite has helped me lose a few more pounds despite the carbs. My throat has been rather dry even though I have been drinks lots of water, which makes food undesirable no matter what I'm eating.

The only other good thing about this is that it gives me lots of time to sit at home, and I've been spending that time cruising the Food Network website for new recipes to try out. A friend of mine from the Greyhound rescue, Sharon, is always bringing new and interesting dishes to our board meetings, and she is going to share some recipes with me. Hopefully with all these recipes I am compiling, I should be able to cook healthy meals for myself all the time. I still wish I had a bigger kitchen though.

Week 28
Weight: 231.2
Weekly pounds lost: 2.8
Total pounds lost: 25.8
Size: loose 18/tight 16
Goal: 150
Pounds to go: 81.2

No comments:

Post a Comment