Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thinspiration

I'm a little behind on my blogging this week. I haven't been working out at all, because I don't want to use up my gas driving to the gym. It's made it harder to keep the weight off, although I try by making good food choices. Unfortuantely, the cheapest things at the grocery store are all carbs (think ramen noodles).

I've started dog walking for a woman that lives down the street. That helps put in a little exercise, but not much. I want to get up early and go jog at the park across the street, but I haven't been waking up so early. My days and nights are starting to turn around a little. 11am is becoming my new morning time. Not exactly what I had wanted, but I am staying up later because that is when my thoughts kick in.

About a month ago I had set up an account on Twitter, but I never went to use it. But on Sunday a friend was telling me about all the people she was communicating with on it, and so I decided to give it a try. I sent a note on Twitter to Bethenny Frankel, and this week she replied! It wasn't much - just a "Thank you" for my support of her book and to keep it up. It might not even be Bethenny - it could be her assistant, but either way, it was nice to receive.

I have 2 pairs of jeans in my closet that I haven't worn yet. My current jeans are loose, and I have to wear a belt if I don't want to keep pulling them up. One of the unworn pairs of jeans is a size 16, and the other is a size 14. They are both from Lane Bryant. I tried on the 16 last night and they are a little tight in the waist but fit nicely everywhere else. I haven't bothered to try on the 14 yet, but I think I am going to make the effort to get up in the morning to jog and hope that helps. Everyone that I know that has lost a significant amount of weight without surgery had implemented jogging into their workout. I can't jog on a treadmill because I am not that coordinated. I'd be staring at me feet the whole time. If I'm going to do anything faster than a walk, it has to be on solid ground.

I'm glad I had the foresight to buy jeans that were smaller. I'm sure I did it because they were on sale - that's usually what happens - they are on sale but they are the wrong size so I will buy them and wait until I can wear them. As I am losing weight, but also unemployed, I would not be able to buy myself smaller clothes if I had needed them. Plus, they help as encouragement - to encourage me to get down to that size.

This coming week my goal is to get up at least twice to go jogging. I don't know how long it will last, but I at least have to get up to do it. At this point that is the accomplishment. I'll worry about duration later!



Week: 18
Weight: 237.4
Weekly pounds lost: 1.6
Total pounds lost: 19.6
Size: a loose 18
Goal: 150
Pounds to go: 87.4

No comments:

Post a Comment