Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Balancing Ups and Downs

So I've been maintaining at 237. This week I'm at 237.8. That's a gain of 0.4. Not exactly the direction that I want to go, even though it's a small gain in the big picture.

Here's what I've been doing:
-Not going to the gym this WHOLE month
-Eating more sweets than I should
-Not eating as many veggies and salads as I should

I did not wake up early to jog like I had planned to do. I'm going to try for that in the morning and see if I can make it. I really want to see myself hit the 30 pounds lost mark. I know I've lost weight around my tummy area, and maybe a little in my face, but I want to see it more in my arms and my thighs/hips. I think jogging is a great cardio workout for all the areas of the body, and I think I just need to be dedicated to doing it.

Tomorrow - 7am - Park - JOG!

Here's what I've been eating: small bowls of cereal or a bacon and egg breakfast, or sometimes no breakfast. I've been eating low cal snacky foods like the individual sized bags of Pirate's Booty, which is supposed to be like a white cheddar popcorn but the popcorn is really a puffed rice and corn mix, not actual popcorn. I've been drinking lots of water. I've had some fast food - namely Taco Bell tacos and In and Out burger. I've also made food at home, like barbeque chicken quesadillas and garlic steak with vegetables. And I've had a few McDonald's iced coffees (nothing else from their menu, thank God!). I've discovered a small portioned, easy to make dessert - they are Betty Crocker singles - you add water and microwave for 30 seconds and you have about a 5-6 bite chocolate cake. It's about 150 calories and is a nice alternative to the small ice creams, so I have can have some variety on dessert. But I've had more pasta than normal, because it is cheap and will last long. And I don't want the pasta. I'm not even craving it. But it's cheap, and quick to make without using 4 pots and pans and other kitchen ware. I guess I'm also becoming lazy. What I wouldn't give for a nice sized kitchen and a food fund so that I could really experiment with healthy meals.

Salads have definitely been missing. When I was going to the gym, I had them more often because I would get a salad AT the gym. I would get a small portion but it was filling AND it was free because my gym gave me a $100 gift card when my friend joined. I need to bring salad back into my life. I was doing great when salads made up at least one meal every two days. Now they are maybe one meal out of a week's worth of meals.

I think I am going to suspend my gym membership due to the distance. When I start working again, I will pick it back up, but until then, I'd rather not be paying for it and then worrying about gas to get there and back. If I can make jogging a routine, maybe I will cancel the gym all together.

My mom is coming out in 2 weeks. Wait, is it two weeks? Maybe it's less than that. She will be here for 7 days, and I want to make sure I eat right while she is here. We have lots of things planned, and I don't want her visits to be about where we are going to eat.

I'm still dog walking. I am planning in June to be walking for more people, so that will also be more exercise there too. I've also gone swimming. I remember when I was a kid, my mom sent me to summer camp for 3 summers. I had to get up at 8am to go swim in the lake. Boy was it cold. But it wasn't "fun" swimming. It was learning strokes and stuff, and that's exercise if you just do laps. Maybe I should get up every morning and swim laps for an hour to work on my arms.... OR I could go jog in the morning and come back and swim laps to cool off from the jog... HEY I like that idea!


Week: 20
Weight: 237.8
Weekly pounds gained: 0.4
Total pounds lost: 19.2
Size: a loose 18
Goal: 150
Pounds to go: 87.8

No comments:

Post a Comment