Monday, June 29, 2009

Surreal Week

This week went by in a fog. I was anticipating a doctor's appointment to find out when I will have surgery for the lump under my armpit, and I think I ended up making myself sick. Add to that my period, which started at the beginning of the week, and my hormones and emotions were on a collision course. I went to my appointment on Thursday, and the doctor actually was willing to cut me right there on the exam table. She said it was so minor that it didn't even warrant a surgery appointment. I was so unprepared that I declined. I did not want to get cut that day. And realistically, I didn't have the money to pay for that kind of appointment that day, either.

I had barely pulled out of the parking garage when I received a txt message from my friend that Michael Jackson had died. The Elvis Presley of my generation was gone, and I had to drive on the 405 north, past UCLA where his body had been taken before he was officially pronounced dead. Traffic was a mess. I think I was in shock. I didn't know what to do. I went to walk a dog. But by the time I got home, all I could do was crawl into bed. I had a nausious feeling since leaving the hospital. In the early evening I took my dogs out for a potty break and I had trouble making it up my stairs to come back inside. I was out of breath. My head was pounding and my body was bouncing between hot and cold within minutes of each other. I took my temperature: 102.7.

I drank lots of water and took aspirin. No change. By midnight it was down: 102.2. I still felt miserable. I tried to sleep but it was a restless sleep. Joe came home and confirmed I was burning up. I think I was delirious and at some point I realized I had the onset of a sore throat. I'm not entirely sure how I made it thru the night. When I woke up on Friday, my temperature was 99.2. But throughout the day it started creeping back up... 99.5, then 99.7. No foods sounded appetizing except for tortillas and sweet butter from El Torito Grille. In fact, everything else made me feel nausious. So I ate as little as possible as driving to El Torito was out of the question (and would have required purchasing a meal to acquire the free tortillas).

On Saturday I didn't wake up until 3 in the afternoon, and apparently that did the trick. No more fever and no more sore throat. And 2 days of almost no food has made me 1.4 pounds lighter. My period is coming to an end and I will be able to go back to the gym (update on this later). I'm still sad though over the loss of MJ. Since I stayed in bed for 2 days all I did was watch his videos over and over. It's a very sad time. Very surreal that we have lost the biggest entertainer of our time.

Week 25
Weight: 234.6
Weekly pounds lost: 1.4
Total pounds lost: 22.4
Size: loose 18/tight 16
Goal: 150
Pounds to go: 84.6

No comments:

Post a Comment